Sunday, May 26, 2013

Martha Stewart Endorses MakeUpMiser®

I woke up on 12-12-12 and realized this date wouldn’t roll around for another 100 years.  Before climbing out of bed I made a little wish (more like a silent prayer) that something wonderful might happen this day to mark the moment.  But as the day progressed it was appearing just like any other. “It’s no big deal” I thought… I have much to be grateful for – besides; wishes hardly ever come true, right?

That evening when I got home from work - I put down my things on the dining table and, as I always do, then sat down in front of my computer to check on the day’s MakeUpMiser website sales.   I literally thought my email was malfunctioning.  Sales confirmations were popping into the inbox every few minutes and this had been going on all day because my inbox had multiple pages of new sales!

Rob, my husband, had called me earlier to say he had heard that Martha Stewart appeared on the Today Show that morning and briefly mentioned something about makeup spatulas.  But she spoke it in passing and did not mention a brand name.  
Now I had to know…because it sure seemed like more than just a coincidence with the amount of sales our site was getting.  After several Google searches (I’m ridiculously slow) I stumbled upon a tweet Martha posted after the show.  She said everyone was asking where she gets her makeup spatulas.   You’ve guessed it, they were from makeupmiser.com and she also attached an absolutely gorgeous photo of them!   Oh My Goodness!  My heart stopped…I just stared silently at that photo in utter amazement and then began laughing and crying with my husband, who was sharing every emotion with me.

You see, when we first ventured into this retail jungle in 2009 with my new creation, I mailed many MakeUpMiser sets to TV hosts and celebrities, Martha Steward being one.  I received a lovely thank you note from her and some others, but filed them away under “miscellaneous” and forgot about it.  In my wildest dreams - I never saw this one coming and especially three years later.

It’s more than fabulous that Martha Stewart finds MakeUpMiser to be a good thing and told the world.   I also realize that not only hard work and dogged persistence are necessary for success, but also little prayers and wishes can and do come true and can lift the heart like nothing else.  12-12-12 was the day Martha Stewart rocked my world.  What a difference a day makes.  Thank you God and thank you Martha!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post !!!!! What a fantastic day that was ! There will be tons more with MakeUpMiser, I know it !!!

    ReplyDelete